2. Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, "personal information" has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. We hate spam as much as you do, so rest assured that we would never send spam or sell email addresses to third parties.
3. When do we collect your personal information
During conducting the normal course of providing services for our customers, we are at times required to collect personal information. The services may include:
- Making purchases through our online store.
- Registering to receive the Quarter Paper Co newsletter.
- Processing an order.
- Arranging product holds.
- Notifying when an item is back in stock.
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means).
4. Personal information we collect
Quarter Paper Co may collect the following types of personal information:
- Your name and contact details such as your billing and shipping address, email, and telephone number.
- Your gender, age and date of birth.
- Your signature.
- Order history.
- Other information you may supply to us.
5. Other information
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- Your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Quarter Paper Co. This may include your shopping history, items, colours, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil refund obligations for products or services;
- Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other).
6. How we use the information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- To provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Quarter Paper Co provide products and services to you;
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
You may choose to disable cookies by changing your settings on your browser, however this action may affect functionality of the website.
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics with analysis tools such as Google Analytics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
8. Storage of personal information
Personal information obtained by Quarter Paper Co may be stored electronically on computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us, we protect your information with appropriate procedures to safeguard from any unauthorised access or disclosure.
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Where applicable information is shared with a third party, they are obliged to adhere to the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided.
10. Direct Marketing Communications
Quarter Paper Co may send you direct marketing communications and information about products, services and events related to us via email, SMS or regular snail mail.
We will endeavour to communicate through your indicated preferred method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us via the details provided in section 11.
You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email you have received.
We do not provide your personal information to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
11. Accessing your personal information
You may access your personal information by logging in and going to your account page or by making a request to us at Quarter Paper Co.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 403 389 776
In most instances we will provide you your personal information via your preferred contact method (phone or email) unless in the event your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy with others, in which case we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
12. Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask for verification of identity to ensure that personal information is not breached.
13. Privacy Complaints
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, and the circumstances surrounding the event of your concerns about what was said or done.
14. Australia Post eParcel tracking emails
Quarter Paper Co posts parcels with Australia Post. Consequently by shopping with us, Australian and New Zealand customers agree to receive emails from Australia Post eParcel system. You will receive a series of emails from Australia Post which tracks and updates the progress of your order delivery. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time via the link in the email or through managing your MyPost account.
15. Security Policy
Quarter Paper Co considers the security of your information to be of utmost importance. We have implemented security measures designed to provide you with a safe and secure online shopping experience. Our servers use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt any information between your device and our servers, and from our website we use the eWAY payment gateway for credit card processing to comply with PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
We do not store complete credit card details in any databases or files on our servers; any such information is only accessible by the bank.
16. Contacting us
Address: 73 Louis Terrace, NSW 2220, Sydney, Australia
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 403 389 776